Public relations firms come in all different shapes and sizes. Finding the right firm that fits your company is the first step.
Your PR firm should have:
- Knowledge about your business
- Industry expertise across critical sectors
- Experience and relationships with local media and industry trade publications
- Proven success in the marketplace
- Seasoned PR professionals as day-to-day contacts
The strategic exploration process enables your chosen PR firm to attain a comprehensive understanding of your company’s business, brand, customers, markets and processes.
- Material Review – Background information and materials help facilitate a broader understanding of the mission, goals and resources of the company
- Exploratory Interviews and Research – Interviews with key executives within the company helps define brand philosophy, company visions for growth, company goals and overall brand perception and impact
- Competitive Analysis – Competitor analysis allows for a comprehensive review of how your competitors stack up in the industry
- Information Analysis and Development of Program Recommendations – Analysis of data and background information gathered help develop a brand and communications blueprint
- Discussion and dialogue on recommendations – After the brand and communications blueprint has been submitted, decide on a set of goals and objectives prior to implementation
During implementation, your PR firm should offer:
- Proactive management of your PR objectives
- Consistent Support for Mission & Vision from look & feel design standpoint to a comprehensive verbal support structure
- Audience Positioning to frame a distinct, differentiated identity and create a foothold with key client groups and organizations
- Strategic Outreach to create alliances with businesses, associations, organizations and groups to strengthen reach and resources
- Thought Leadership on issues, trends and topics that extend brand relevance and reputation with key regional, national and international audiences
- Executive Visibility including compelling ways to deliver identity and promote involvement through representative senior leadership
- Audience Research & Analysis tools to support targeted messaging outreach and impact measurement of the identity process
Establishing a company’s thought leadership promotes brand awareness and expertise in a given area. Public relations, like any other marketing tool, must be strategically planned for, diligently implemented and measured on a regular basis. A public relations road map must be developed and then implemented effectively and efficiently, measuring results on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
At the end of the implementation stage, did your PR firm:
- Establish industry leading visibility?
- Drive trade media coverage?
- Perform above expectations?
- Deliver against measurable goals?
- Provide creative, strategic solutions for your business?